BECAUSE SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO CREATE YOUR OWN SUNSHINE
I always moan about my reluctance to spend too long in the kitchen cooking dinner after work during the week so I always look for quick and easy meals to whip up. I usually use many useful simple recipes shared on Pinterest (please check out my page!)and sometimes, like anyone, I just think of or should I say ‘randomly make up’ a recipe using the existing contents in our fridge and cupboards. My boyfriend was recently very impressed with a dish I cooked with pork steaks and spicy potatoes. Here is the recipe in case someone feels like a hot and filling meal prepared and cooked in a few minutes after a long hard day.
Preparation and cooking time:- 30 minutes
Ingredients (for two people)
And then what?:-
1. Chop the baby potatoes into small chunks and parboil for 5 minutes during which the red onion and an inch of the spring onion leaves are chopped and the pork steaks prepared.
2. Pour the parboiled potatoes into a frying pan with enough cooking oil to cover the base of the pan and then add the onions, garlic, salt and pepper after 5 minutes of frying. (You could also add some chopped bacon into your pan.) Add either the Old El Paso Mexican Wedges seasoning mix liberally or add your preferred seasoning and fry until the potatoes are crisp. I recommend the Mexican potato seasoning for a new taste, some spice and a touch of heat.
3. Bread the pork steaks by coating them in the whisked egg followed by the breadcrumbs accordingly and then fry them on each side for two minutes.
4. Steam or microwave the sweet corn with an added touch of butter and half a teaspoon of vegetable stock.
5. Add a dollop Crème Fraiche to the potatoes once served on the plate and sprinkle the chopped cherry tomato and spring onions to finish.
Cooking time:- 30 minutes
A pretty simple, easy and quick meal, but very delicious. Enjoy!